Investment in the very latest flexographic printing presses and ancillaries ensures that our customers benefit from the best quality available within the packaging industry. All presses provide excellent quality and fast response times. Our use of fixed ink colour palette has benefitted from the new HD plate technologies. This produces enhanced imagery and stronger colours. The latest control systems are used to continuously monitor the print quality at running speeds up to 250 metres per minute. Our computer controlled mixing and dispensing system, coupled with computerised colour checking, ensures each batch is matched exactly to the original. The most delicate or demanding colours are reproduced consistently every time.
Flexo is a relief printing process, where the image to be printed is raised away from the non-printed areas.
Recent improvements in the flexographic printing process have raised the print quality to the same level as more expensive offset lithographic and rotogravure printing. This, together with the very wide range of possible substrates, has resulted in a rapidly growing demand for this process.
The majority of our conventional presses at Code-It Labels use flexo technology. These include the very top-of-the-range Mark Andy 8 Colour P3 LED Press and state-of-the-art Mark Andy P5 Servo LED 8 Colour Press with the capability to print up to 16 colours. The process is fast and the print quality excellent, making it the ideal solution for any label from added value through to high volume commodity products. Running these 2 presses alongside our 2200 Flexo lines gives us the capability to turn large volume orders around fast.
Full Colour UV Flexo
(NEW 6 Colour machine)
BENEFITS OF FLEXO PRINTING
• Using LMI (Low Migration Inks) for food source
• BRC Accreditation
• Quick set up
• Fast changes between variants
• High quality image printing
• Vibrant colours through UV process
• High speed and volume making it the economical alternative to other printing processes
• Inline capability to coat, laminate, hot stamp, rotary screen and die cut
• Can print on a wide range of absorbent and non-absorbent substrates - paper and film
• Photopolymer plates withstand millions of impressions
• Wide range of inks, including fluorescents and metallic
Printing full colour high gloss labels
Our very latest high tech presses
and sterile print room